The Best Local Mosquito Control to Keep Your Family Safe
Mosquito Control in North Carolina
Beyond being annoying and detracting from your outdoor space, mosquitoes present real dangers to the health of you and your family. According to the North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services, the most common mosquito-transmitted diseases in the state include West Nile Virus, Eastern Equine Encephalitis, and La Crosse Encephalitis. When you work with FineTurf, we'll make sure the mosquito population is drastically reduced in order to keep your loved ones safe and so you can enjoy your yard again.
Get a Free Estimate
About this Service
Understanding basic mosquito biology goes a long way in reducing the number of them in your outdoor space. We use our knowledge of their behavior to target our efforts so they have the greatest effect. We want to make sure our protection lasts all season so you can go back to enjoying your nights without getting irritating mosquito bites on your skin.
When you partner with us for mosquito control in North Carolina, we will:
- Conduct a thorough inspection to identify problem areas in your yard.
- Spray mosquito-eliminating products in areas where they breed and spend their time.
- Identify small actions you can take to minimize these bugs, such as by preventing stagnant water from pooling in your yard.
Ridding Your Home of Mosquitoes
Not only are these pests a nuisance to you and your family, but they have the ability to transmit deadly diseases including Zika virus, West Nile virus, Yellow Fever, and others. The best solutions to prevent mosquito-borne disease is to:
- Reduce your personal exposure to these pests by limiting time outdoors, covering up bare skin when outside, and applying a repellant to exposed skin.
- Reduce the amount of mosquitoes in the area by removing breeding areas and using approved insecticides to kill them.
We take care of the second part, minimizing the population in your yard today, and tweaking the environment to prevent more pests from coming in the future.
Steps You Can Take Against Mosquitoes
Although mosquitoes can seem like a fact of life in North Carolina, you can take simple steps to make your yard that much less attractive to these biting buzzers.
Steps to minimize mosquitoes in your yard:
- Eliminate standing water where they could breed.
- Make sure potted plants aren’t overwatered, leaving pooled water.
- Keep gutters clean and properly draining.
- Cut back long grass and bushes where these pests hide during the day.
- Coordinate with neighbors to compound your efforts.
- Grow mosquito-repellant plants, like citronella grass.
The FineTurf Difference
At FineTurf, we take care of those who choose to partner with us. Along with our Money-Back Guarantee, we’re different from the competition in many key ways to make sure you are receiving the absolute best services in the South Charlotte area.
Family-Owned and Operated
We’re local. We’re your neighbors. We’re your friends and family. As a small lawn care business in Charlotte, we know the value of taking care of our customers. Unlike other huge lawn care companies, we’re accountable to you, our neighbors.
This means that:
- If you have a problem with our services, we’ll work with you to resolve it.
- When you call, a human picks up the phone.
- We’ll keep our communication with you prompt and thorough, because we appreciate good communication!
The last thing we want to do is burden our fellow community members with binding contracts and recurring payments. Schedule a service when it’s convenient for you! Flexibility is valuable, we know. That’s why we aim to give you as much flexibility when it comes to our services as possible.