Lawn Disease Control in Charlotte
Patches of brown or yellow grass popping up on your lawn mid-summer is one of the most discouraging things, especially when you’ve done everything you can to nourish your turf. Diseases like this often come in the heat of summer, when humidity is high, creating optimal conditions for fungal disease to thrive. Your grass is already stressed, so when Brown Patch rears its head, turf doesn’t usually recover until you can reseed in the fall. Contact the technicians at FineTurf to make sure your lawn is properly handled so it can endure any potential grass disease throughout the year.
We think you ought to get what you pay for, so if you’re not satisfied with a service, we’ll re-service free of charge. If you’re still not satisfied, we’ll refund your money! It might sound extreme, but we trust that the quality of our Charlotte lawn services will leave you with a yard you can’t stop admiring.
Get a Free Estimate
About this Service
Nothing is worse than having a yard filled with disease-ridden grass. The many types of diseases will include fungal damage, and if not treated properly, it will continue to spread throughout your grass. Identifying the type of lawn disease is step 1 to combatting this problem. Our lawn disease control in Charlotte does a number of things for your landscape, including:
- It is preemptive: The only way to effectively defend against Brown Patch is to apply treatments before it takes hold.
- It safeguards your lawn for the season: Once disease surfaces, you have to live with it for several months.
- We save you money from having to use fungicides after brown patch has arrived.
What is Brown Patch?
Brown Patch disease is a type of fungus that preys upon grasses that never get the chance to dry. Spring and early summer often foster the conditions for Brown Patch to thrive because of heavy rains, high humidity, and high heat. It is the most common disease in the Southeast, and it usually leaves rough circles of thinned and discolored grass, depending on the conditions. Often, the middle of the Brown Patch circle will recover so that you’re left with donut-shaped brown rings in your yard—not exactly the type of attention-grabber you had in mind! If conditions are right, this fungus can spread quickly and kill large swaths of your lawn.
Because this fungus thrives in damp conditions, some simple steps you can take to protect your lawn include:
- Ensuring your lawn has good runoff and drainage for heavy rains so water doesn’t pool.
- Aerating your grass regularly to alleviate compaction, allowing better absorption of water into the soil.
- Avoid using excess nitrogen fertilizer on your lawn because Brown Patch favors grasses that shoot up rapidly.
- Only use slow-release fertilizers.
- Don’t overwater (but don’t underwater either!)
- Water early in the morning so grass leaves have time to dry throughout the day.
- Mow your grass to the optimal height for your species of grass (too short and your turf is weakened, but too long and the blades don’t dry).
- Have your soil tested to ensure it has the right pH balance, as well as enough calcium and potassium.
When you partner with us for lawn disease control in Charlotte, our FineTurf technicians will be able to give you personalized advice for your lawn, as well as perform much of this prevention for you.
The FineTurf Approach
As a family-owned lawn care business servicing the Charlotte area, we understand that taking care of your needs comes first. We do that by delivering the lawn you dream of, as well as through proactive communication so you’re always in the know. As an added measure to care for our customers, we guarantee your satisfaction and operate contract-free.
Putting You First With Contract-Free Lawn Care
We know how constraining contracts and recurring payments can be. To take care of you how we’d like to be taken care of, we operate with no binding contracts. You get to keep your flexibility—schedule us when it’s convenient for you!
Lawn Disease Control Service Area
As a locally-owned lawn disease control company, we’re proud to be accountable, experienced, and to be your neighbors. Reach out to us for your lawn disease needs if you live in the following cities: